Wednesday, June 3, 2015

[Review] I Do (But I Don't) by Cara Lockwood

I Do (But I Don't) by Cara Lockwood
Publisher: Downtown Press
Publishing Date: Aug. 31, 2004
384 Pages
Format: paperback, purchased
Links: Goodreads | Amazon | B&N
Goodreads rating: 3 stars

Synopsis 

"She creates perfect days."

In spite of her incorrigible curly hair, Lauren Crandell is a neat-freak and organizational guru, qualities that make her the perfect wedding planner. But when two weddings in one day go haywire, and hunky firefighter Nick Corona comes to the rescue -- twice -- Lauren realizes there are a few important details in her own life she hasn't been tending to since her divorce. Namely, her sex life.

"She lives lonely nights."

Sweet and sexy Nick seems hell-bent on fanning the flames between them, and Lauren definitely feels sparks flying. But she's scrambling to plan nuptials for her most challenging client yet -- a beautiful, cunning, and certifiable Psycho Bride. With the big day rapidly approaching, a series of misunderstandings, mishaps, and mistaken identities threatens to ruin not one, but two happily ever afters. But with her career and her love life on the line, the wedding planner just might learn that you can't plan "everything, " least of all true love.

My Review

I love romance stories. Some are cheesy, some are hot and steamy, and others are fun. This one was a little bit fun and a little bit cheesy. Lauren meets Nick with her troublesome clients. She gets the wrong impression and things become complicated. I figured out right away what was going on, but it felt like it took Lauren FOREVER to realize it. I was getting a little annoyed with her and wished she would just figure it out. But still. It was a cute book and the characters were fun. Lauren seems a bit eccentric in some aspects of her life. This wasn't the best book I've read and it didn't suck me in as much as some others will, but it was still cute and a fun read. 

No comments :

Post a Comment