Monday, August 26, 2013

Stacking the Shelves


Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga @ Tynga's Reviews. Its all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, whether physical or virtual books. This means you can include books you buy in physical stores or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! Tynga posts this meme on Saturdays, but you can post on any day that works best for you! Check out the guidelines by visiting Tynga's blog!

Well, this week I went a little crazy buying books :) But some I received for free and other's I received as review copies! I haven't listed every book on here because I'm at work right now (shhh) and don't remember my whole list. I'll post the ones I missed next week.

The Country of Origin by Don Lee

What first made me take a second look at this book was that it's set in another country. I always like learning about different cultures and customs through reading a story. So, I knew it was a good fit for me! Hopefully it's as good as I'm hoping!







The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman

I have been waiting for this book for so long! I couldn't find it at my local used book store, so I gave in and went to Barnes and Nobles, and they had it on sale! So excited :)








The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner

Supposed to be really good! Plus its a classic and it was only $2!








Cry, The Beloved Country by Alan Paton

Again, I've heard great things and the synopsis on the back sounds good!








The Lace Reader by Brunonia Barry


Read some pretty good reviews about this!







Burning Embers by Hannah Fielding

I received this as a review copy, and can't wait to start reading it! I like that the story takes place in Africa - I haven't read anything set there, so I look forward to learning a bit (:






Noah's Rainy Day by Sandra Brannan

I received this book as a review copy. I haven't read anything by this author before, but the synopsis sounds so good; I couldn't pass it up!







The Scent of Rain and Lightening by Nancy Pickard

This was a free book I picked up from the library. Sounds interesting, but I guess if it's not, at least it was free! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment