Saturday, October 26, 2013

[Review] 4th of July by James Patterson

 of July by James Patterson
Publisher: Warner Books
Publishing date: 2005
416 Pages

Synopsis

The Bestselling New Detective Series of the Decade Just Got Hotter, Deadlier, and More Suspenseful. In a deadly late-night showdown, San Francisco police lieutenant Lindsay Boxer fires her weapon...and sets off a dramatic chain of events that leaves a police force disgraced, a family destroyed, and Linsday herself at the mercy of twelve jurors. During a break in the trial, she retreats to a picturesque town that is reeling from a string of grisly murders - crimes that bear a link to a haunting, unsolved case from her rookie years. Now, with her friends in the Women's Murder Club, Lindsay must battle for her life on two fronts: in a trial rushing to a climax, and against an unknown adversary willing to do anything to hide the truth about the homicides - including killing again...

My Review

I just can't get enough of James Patterson's books! They're such fast paced and quick reads, I can't put them down. This one didn't disappoint either! I love reading the Women's Murder Club series and learning more about these characters.  I really hope that Yuki becomes a more prominent characters in these books. She seems like she'll add a fun twist to the story. I was not expecting the end of this book. I had a feeling one of the characters mentioned had something to do with the murders, but never would have guessed how it turned out! I also really loved that there were almost two stories in this book. They didn't seem to connect very much, but every now and again they did, and it made the story that much more interesting. I cannot wait to get a copy of the 5th book in the series! I'll need to make a trip to the store very soon :)


No comments :

Post a Comment