Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the The Broke and the Bookish. Every week she posts an idea for a 'Top Ten' list relating to books, and encourages other book bloggers to respond and participate. All the details are listed on her site.
This week's question: Ten Places Books Have Made Me Want To Visit (whether fictional or real)
1. England - specifically 1500's or 1800's - I'll credit that to Jane Austen and Phillipa Gregory books!
2. Ireland - One of my dream vacations! Meave Binchy and Tana French have only increased my
want need to visit!
3. Hogwarts (no surprise here!)
4. New England states - I've never actually been here, but pictures, movies and books describe it as a beautiful place.
5. South Africa - despite the turmoil that seems to plague this area, it sounds beautiful, and I'd love to go on a safari! Most recently I'm reading Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult and there's so much talk about elephants and the wild animals. It sounds amazing. (But I think I'll put this on hold for a while... at least until Ebola slows down or stops)
6. France - Another one of my dream destinations. Anna and the French Kiss rekindled my love for France and the french language
7. Germany - I really want to see the concentration camps since they're such a huge part of our history
8. Switzerland - I read The Postcard Killers by James Patterson and although the book is dark, Switzerland sounds amazing
9. Middle Earth - specifically The Shire!
10. Any little town - I love little country towns that are in the middle of nowhere; I'm definitely more of a country girl than city! So every time I read books with these settings, I fall in love with it