There are so many movies coming out this year that are based on books! My TBR list keeps growing and growing. So I decided to preview some of these books and movies for the rest of you to see! I've read some of these books, but these are the movies I'm most excited for. I'll definitely be reading the books before I see the movies. I have to break this segment into a couple different ones because there are so many good books-to-movies coming out :) This certainly isn't an exclusive list, but the first ones I've found/remembered.
1. 2. 3.
4. 5. 6.
1. Still Alice by Lisa Genova
- What it's about: A women is diagnosed with early on-set Alzheimer's and has to learn to cope with her life and her family
- Starring: Julianne Moore, Alec Baldwin, Kristen Stewart and Kate Bosworth
- Releasing: Jan. 16
- What it's about: Childhood best friends Alex and Rosie are separated as teenagers when Alex's family moves from Ireland to America. Rosie feels lost and plans to join him in Boston, but a surprise pregnancy keeps her tied to Ireland, and they struggle to navigate true love.
- Starring: Lilly Collins, Sam Claflin
- Releasing: Feb 6
- What it's about: Bianca Piper is somewhat of an outcast, but she has a gorgeous group of loyal friends to keep her company. When man-whore Wesley Rush calls her the DUFF (Designated Ugly Fat Friend), Bianca adds him to the top of her enemy list. But when things turn bad at home, she develops a friends-with-benefits relationship with him, and worse, falls for him the more they hang out. The movie is reminiscent of a modern She’s All That.
- Starring: Mae Whitman, Bella Thorne, Allison Janey, Robbie Amell
- Releasing: Feb 20
4. Insurgent by Veronica Roth
- What it's about: In Roth's follow-up to Divergent, Tris and Four leave the crumbling Dauntless and seek help to get to the bottom of what's going on in their dystopian society.
- Starring: Shailene Woodley, Theo James
- Releasing: March 20
- What it's about: The love stories of two couples — an elderly one and a young one — are intertwined in a North Carolina setting.
- Starring: Scott Eastwood, Britt Robertson
- Releasing: April 10
6. Far From the Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy
- What it's about: A young woman named Bathsheba Everdene has to deal with the difficult, sometimes tragic consequences of being in relationships with three different suitors at the same time.
- Starring: Carrey Mulligan, Tom Sturridge, Matthias Schoenaerts
- Releasing: May 1
7. Paper Towns by John Green
- What it's about: Margo Roth Spiegelman, the unattainable girl next door, convinces Quentin to embark on a journey of revenge, but come the next morning, Margo has gone missing and has left clues for Q. He and his friends go on a road trip in search of M, unsure if they will find her dead or alive.
- Starring: Cara Delevingne, Nat Wolff
- Releasing: June 19