Tuesday, May 5, 2015

[Review] Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
Series: Hush Hush #1
Publisher:Simon and Schuster
Publishing Date: Jan. 1, 2009
Format: paperback, won
391 Pages
Links: Goodreads | Amazon | B&N
Goodreads rating: 5 stars

Synopsis

A SACRED OATH
A FALLEN ANGEL
A FORBIDDEN LOVE

Romance was not part of Nora Grey's plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how hard her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch comes along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Patch draws Nora to him against her better judgment.

But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is and seems to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

For she is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost Nora her life.

My Review

This was such a good book! I loved reading it! It took me on a wild adventure that I wasn't expecting! Seriously. This was a really fun read. I was skeptical to read it because I've read some not so great reviews, and one even compared it to Twilight. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the Twilight saga when I read it, but the movies ruined it a bit for me. So because of that, I wasn't sure, but I gave it a chance!

I thought Patch was a really fun character. You can definitely tell he has a bad-boy (bad-angel?) side, but that's what appealed to me so much. He definitely falls for Nora pretty fast. I wasn't expecting some parts of this book that explained why he wanted to get to know her, but I'm glad it all worked out! And I liked Nora, too. While she was a little helpless and naive at times, I liked her and I thought she and Patch made a cute couple. 

I'm secretly hoping that I'll meet a bad-boy fallen angel like Patch some day... (shh don't tell me husband!) haha (: I really can't wait get the next books in this series. I hope I continue to like them as much as I liked this one! 


Others in the Series


Hush, Hush #2            Hush, Hush #3         Hush, Hush #4

4 comments :

  1. Great review Tina! I was definitely a Patch Fangirl myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I'll be fan-girling over the next book too!

      Delete
  2. I really loved this one. Now, if I can only somehow find time to move on in the series...

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I feel too! I always want to grab the next book in a series, but then I look at my already huge TBR pile and I just don't get to it. But I really want to with this one!

      Delete