Friday, February 5, 2016

[Review] Embrace by S.E. Hall

Embrace by SE Hall
Series: Evolve, #2
Publishing Date: Sept. 26, 2013
297 Pages
Format: ebook
Links: Goodreads | Amazon | B&N


Synopsis 

After the romantic gesture of the century, Evan Allen is now faced with no friends, ineligible to play ball...and too late to get the girl.

He's starting over alone and doesn't know quite how to proceed, until certain members of "The Crew" step in, taking him under their wing. 
It doesn't take the ladies long to notice him either.

Sometimes life doesn't go as you had planned. Sometimes, it goes better.

Embrace it.

Due to sexual content and scenes- MATURE audiences recommended. This is a NEW ADULT romance.

My Review 

After I finished reading Emerge, I immediately bought a copy of this book on my Kindle and jumped right in. I really liked Evan in Emerge and, thought I was happy with Laney and Dane getting together, I really wanted Evan to have a happy ending. The synopsis doesn't really tell you who his love interest is, but once you start reading, you find out that it's Whitley. Honestly, I wasn't a huge fan of her in Emerge, but she didn't have a big part it in. Plus, she was made to seem really clingy and whiney. But the more you read this book, the more you learn that she's a really sweet girl. She definitely grew up in a privileged family, but they didn't seem to dote on her very much and were more concerned about appearance.

Like in Emerge, I really loved the supporting characters in this book. Most of them are the same as those in Emerge, but we do meet a few new people and get to know some of the other characters better. I was a little surprised by how much of Laney and Dane's story continues on in this one. I thought it would be mostly about Evan and Whitley, but Laney and Dane's story really continues in this one. I like that, but at the same time, I wanted this to be just Evan and Whitley. Regardless, this was a really fun book and I cannot wait to read Sawyer's story! 

No comments :

Post a Comment