Monday, April 11, 2016

[Review] Where She Went by Gayle Forman

Where She Went by Gayle Forman
Series: If I Stay, #2
Publisher: Speak
Publishing Date: April 17, 2012
Format: paperback
264 Pages
Links: Goodreads | Amazon | B&N
Goodreads rating: 4.5 stars


Synopsis 

It's been three years since the devastating accident . . . three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.

Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Juilliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future - and each other.

Told from Adam's point of view in the spare, lyrical prose that defined If I Stay, Where She Went explores the devastation of grief, the promise of new hope, and the flame of rekindled romance.


My Review

I really, really liked this book! I read If I Stay a while ago and really wanted to read this one right away, but it took my a while to find a copy (I generally only buy used ones when they're on sale otherwise I'd be broke!) I actually didn't know it was from Adam's point of view until I started reading it. I hadn't read the synopsis because I just knew it was a sequel to the first and wanted to read it. 

I have to say, I really loved reading this from Adam's perspective. I thought it was a really unique way to continue the story and it was great to find out what he was thinking. Plus I connected with him right away and loved his character. My heart just broke for him throughout this book; really, it broke for both him and Mia. So many feels in this one! We watch as Adam struggles with his life as a "rock star" and how it's not as perfect as it may seem to outsiders. Meanwhile, Mia is being treated with kid gloves after losing her parents and little brother in an accident. But Mia definitely seems to be coping better than Adam is. Sometimes I'm not sure how his bandmates put up with him for so long! But one night brings Adam and Mia together again after 3 years apart and they both figure out what they really want for their futures. 

Seriously, this book has so many feels! I started it yesterday and finished today. I couldn't read it fast enough and I was hard pressed to put it down last night before bed. If you haven't read this series, I highly suggest you do so! I really can't wait to read what else Forman has written. I'm a little slow to her scene, but I plan to read them all soon! 

No comments :

Post a Comment