Tuesday, December 8, 2015

[Review] Meant-to-Be Mom by Karen Templeton

Meant-to-be-Mom by Karen Templeton
Series: Jersey Boys, #4
Publisher: Harlequin
Publishing Date: March 17, 2015
224 Pages
Format: purchased, paperback
Links: Goodreads | Amazon | B&N
Goodreads rating: 3 stars

Synopsis 

LIFE, LOVE AND THE PURSUIT OF FAMILY

Sabrina Noble's Journal

Dear Diary,

You'll never believe who I spotted on my first day back in Maple River -- the one who got away, Cole Rayburn. He's definitely not the same kid I swung on the monkey bars with. In fact, Cole is more handsome than ever and has two adorable tweens.

There's definitely still something between Cole and myself…but I get the sense that his ex burned him and his kids pretty badly. Now that I'm back in New Jersey, I'm spending more and more time with the Rayburn clan, and I'm honestly loving it. But can I be the bonus mom these kids deserve and have the husband I've always dreamed of? Or is it true that you can't go home again?

My Review

I picked up this book because I wanted a quick, easy romance. And that's what I got. It was a short book about two former high school friends. They haven't seen each other in years, and haven't spoken for that long. Something happened between the two of them that we don't really find out until later in the book. But these two fit together well; Cole has two children from a previous marriage and Sabrina dotes on them. Cole's son is a little hesitant to get too close to Sabrina, but she slowly breaks down those walls. I wish there was a little more romance in this book, though. I felt like a lot of it was just building their friendship back up, which is obviously important, but then it's not until the very end that things start to heat up between them. I just wish it had happened sooner and we saw a little more romance with them! Overall, good, quick book. 

No comments :

Post a Comment