Saturday, January 16, 2016

[Review] Stay Close by Harlan Coben

Stay Close by Harlan Coben
Publisher: Signet
Publishing Date: Feb. 12, 2013
446 Pages
Format: paperback
Links: Goodreads | Amazon | B&N


Synopsis 

The past never truly fades away...

Megan is a suburban soccer mom who once upon a time walked on the wild side. Ray used to be a talented documentary photographer, but now he finds himself in a dead-end job posing as paparazzo. Broome is a detective who can’t let go of a cold case. 

Three people living lives they never wanted are hiding secrets that even those closest to them would never suspect. And as each confronts the dark side of the American dream—the boredom of a nice suburban life, the excitement of temptation, the desperation and hunger that can lurk behind even the prettiest facades—they will discover the hard truth that the line between one kind of life and another can be as whisper thin as a heartbeat.


My Review 

I think I say this every time I read one of his books: Harlan Coben is easily one of my favorite mystery/suspense authors. I first read one of his books about two years ago when I started my blog, and ever since then, I've been hooked. He creates a really great story that seems so real! This book was a lot of fun to read. I really liked all the characters, especially Megan and Broome. Megan, although she's lived a lie for quite some time, has her life together and tries to forget her past. But, like most people, her past creeps up on her and she can't overlook it now, so she goes back to Atlantic City. While there, she meets up with her ex, after not seeing him for nearly 17 years. Broome is trying to solve a murder that happened right before Megan fled Atlantic City, and Megan might hold a lot of information for him. 

As the story unfolds, there are so many twists and turns and I couldn't figure out what happened! It's one of those things that I love about mystery/suspense novels. Most of the characters are sympathetic and inserting; I really didn't like Ken and Barbie (you'll find out why in the book), and I wasn't a big fan of Ray. I don't know why, but I never clicked with him. Overall, a very good book that I enjoyed reading. I truly am a fan of Coben's work, and I can't wait to read more! 

No comments :

Post a Comment