Sunday, April 19, 2015

The 8th Confession by James Patterson

The 8th Confession by James Patterson 
Series: The Women's Murder Club, #8
Publisher: Grand Central
Publishing Date: 2009
Format: purchased, paperback
352 Pages
Links: Goodreads | Amazon | B&N


Synopsis 

As San Francisco's most glamorous millionaires mingle at the party of the year, someone is watching--waiting for a chance to take vengeance on Isa and Ethan Bailey, the city's most celebrated couple. Finally, the killer pinpoints the ideal moment, and it's the perfect murder. Not a trace of evidence is left behind in their glamorous home. 

As Detective Lindsay Boxer investigates the high-profile murder, someone else is found brutally executed--a preacher with a message of hope for the homeless. His death nearly falls through the cracks, but when reporter Cindy Thomas hears about it, she knows the story could be huge. Probing deeper into the victim's history, she discovers he may not have been quite as saintly as everyone thought.

As the hunt for two criminals tests the limits of the Women's Murder Club, Lindsay sees sparks fly between Cindy and her partner, Detective Rich Conklin. The Women's Murder Club now faces its toughest challenge: will love destroy all that four friends have built? The exhilarating new chapter in the Women's Murder Club series, The 8th Confession serves up a double dose of speed-charged twists and shocking revelations as only James Patterson can. And remember, this is the only Murder Club episode of the year.

My Review

I always look forward to picking up another book by James Patterson. I'm a huge fan and love how fast his books are to read! I'm slowly building up my library to own all of his books and I'm making good progress! In the mean time, I actually need to read them all :) I was in the mood for a quick read and a mystery, so I knew I had to pick up one of Patterson's. 

This book, like most of his others, was a really quick read. I love the short chapters because I feel like I'm always telling myself, just one more chapter... and then 5 chapters go by... Lindsay is a great character. I think she makes a really good detective and she's not willing to settle on a case until she can solve it. I also really like the addition of her partner Rich Conklin. He's been in a few of the books so far and I think he's a great addition. I really like Jacobi and I'm glad he's still part of the books, but Conklin is fun. I know some people are frustrated with Lindsay in this book since she can't seem to make her mind up about the men in her life, but I think that can sometimes be common in real life. While you may not want to be with a certain person, you like the attention they give you and don't necessarily want to give that up. I think she made the right decision and I'm curious to see who their relationship will play out in the next books. 

I liked this book and it was interesting to see how it all played out. It probably wasn't my favorite of this series, but I really enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to The 9th Judgment! 

No comments :

Post a Comment