Wednesday, April 2, 2014

[Review] The 6th Target by James Patterson

The 6th Target by James Patterson 
Series: Women's Murder Club, #6
Publisher: Grand Central
Publishing Date:
390 Pages
Format: paperback, purchased

Synopsis 

A TERRIFYING ATTACKER

A burst of gunfire leaves several people dead - and one woman fighting for her life. That victim is a member of the Women's Murder Club, four friends who join forces on their toughest cases. Detective Lindsay Boxer pursues one lead after another to capture the man who tried to kill her friend... but the clues don't seem to make sense.

CHILDREN ARE VANISHING

While Assistant District Attorney Yuki Castellano prepares to prosecute a high-profile trial, the city is in the grip of a chilling crime spree. Children of wealthy families are being abducted, along with their nannies. But the kidnappers follow with devastating silence - no message, no ransom demand. Parents everywhere fear the worst. Now with the entire city plunged into fear. Lindsay must frantically work with her new partner to connect these horrific crimes.

WHO WILL THE NEXT TARGET BE?


My Review

Just finished this book and I can't wait to dive into the next! I feel like I repeat myself when I review James Patterson's novels because I love them all so much and think he's a wonderful writer. His stories always suck me and I can't stop reading until I find out what happened! I think I may have read this one faster than I have any of his others. There was so much going on in this book: shooting spree at a ferry dock and abducted children. One minute is seems like things will settle down in the story, but then something else happens and we're off on a chase again.

What I really loved about this book was learning more about Lindsay's personal life and her relationship with Joe. They have a long distance relationship, which can be incredibly difficult. I was in one for a while (until he moved in with me), but thankfully we were only 2 hours apart, not across the country! I felt so sorry for her having to struggle through tough cases and then not having anyone to go home to because Joe was never around. But hopefully it will work out with them, because I like their characters together (:


No comments :

Post a Comment