Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Tell Me Something Tuesday 4/8/14


Tell Me Something Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Heidi @ Rainy Day Ramblings. Each week a new question is presented. Check out Heidi's blog for all the details :)


This weeks question: Do you read New York Times Bestsellers? 

The easy answer is yes, I do. My thoughts are that they're on there for a reason and a good amount of people probably enjoyed them, so I might too. And this has worked for many books. However, as I've gotten more into reading and blogging, I pay less attention to whether they're on that list or not. I buy books based on authors I like, things I've heard about them, etc. I'm not going to buy a book simply because it's on a list. If I think it sounds interesting, then I'll pick it up. But there have definitely been times that I've picked up a book because it's a bestseller, and can't see what all the fuss is about. Sometimes these books are hyped up way too much and I don't enjoy them as much as someone else may have. But I don't think that's only in regards to books on this list, this can happen with any book. 

What about you? Do you read NYT Bestsellers? 

No comments :

Post a Comment