Sunday, July 13, 2014

Recently DNF'd Books

I really don't like to DNF books, but I was looking at my shelves the last couple of days, and there were a few books that I've tried reading multiple times and just couldn't get involved. I decided to sell those books at my local used book store and get other books that I'm more interested in. Below are the few books that I recently did not finish.

The Last Winter of Dani Lancing 
Unfortunately, I did not finish this book. When I first received a review copy, I was very excited and thought it had a lot of promise. However, after I started reading it, I realized it just wasn't a book for me. The story jumped around so much that I had trouble remembering what time it was taking place. I was constantly flipping back to the first page of the chapter to try to remember when it was, whether Dani was alive at this time or already dead. I think some people will really love this book, and I hope they do! It just wasn't a book that I enjoyed, and therefore, I didn't finish it.
We Need to Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver 
I don't know what it was about this book. It sounds so intriguing, but I just couldn't get into it. I would pick it up, read a little, and then find something else to do. It just wasn't worth my time trying to get into the book when it clearly wasn't working for me.

Dangerous by Caleb Bislow
Again, this just wasn't for me. I wasn't sure what I was expecting, but I didn't enjoy it as I was reading, so I decided not to force myself to finish.

Gracianna by Trini Amador
I had really high hopes for this book, but I tried reading it and just couldn't keep going. It didn't have anything to do with the writing or the concept of the story, which I thought sounded really good. But I was just getting bored and never wanted to pick it up to read it again.

No comments :

Post a Comment