Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the The Broke and the Bookish. Every week she posts an idea for a 'Top Ten' list relating to books, and encourages other book bloggers to respond and participate. All the details are listed on her site.
This week's question: Top
Ten Eight blogging confessions
1. I am a book hoarder! I love buying books and have SO many on my shelves that I haven't even opened. But I see a book for a good deal, and I have to buy it. I love seeing them all on my shelves, but when I move, the packing/unpacking process is awful! Good thing we'll be at our current place for a while yet!
2. I'm really bad at reading ARCs soon enough. I request some or agree to read them for authors, and then they just sit on my shelves.... and I feel guilty every time I walk past them... Sometimes I start reading the book and I just don't get into it, so I put it down planning to pick it up later - but I don't... Something I need to work on. But I've been cutting back on the number of books I request and agree to review so that helps!
3. I'm not good at DNF-ing books. Especially ARCs. I feel like I have an obligation to finish them, and when I don't, I feel terrible (see above). I still haven't DNF-ed many books, but I'm working on it (: Plus I've decided to get rid of a few that are on my shelf, that way I won't see them when I look for other books, and I won't feel as guilty for putting them down!
4. I have to write my review within a day of finishing the book. If I don't, then I forget all the things I wanted to say about it! Sometimes I'll keep little notes in a draft, but I don't do that often enough, so if I don't write soon, I forget...
5. I have a love/hate relationship with lending out my books. So, I really, really love talking about books with people, and because I have so many, I always lend them out! It's a good feeling and I always hope they love it as much as I do. But at the same time, I hate it because I never know what condition my book will come back in... 99% of the time, its in the same condition as I lent it, but other times, there's creasing, dog-eared pages, bent covers... I'm just much more careful about who can borrow them now!
6. I have a spreadsheet for my books. It's sorted by author and all of this info on it:
Whose currently borrowing it
Whether I've read it
Whether it's an ARC
Whether I won it
A little OCD, but it makes me feel better and I always know who has my books and for how long they've had them! Seriously makes things so much easier, especially since I've moved apartments a lot the last couple years because of school!
7. I don't post as much original content as I prefer. I post a lot of reviews, but I also post so many memes. I just find that I'm so busy and things are constantly happening in life that I often overlook thinking of new posts for my blog. Which is why I resort to reviews and memes. Now, understandably, I only started this blog to post reviews, but it would be nice to create more original content!
8. My favorite book store is Half Price Books. Seriously. I walk to the back of the store to the clearance section and don't leave. All those books are $3 or less, so now I have a hard time buying anything over that price, and an even harder time passing up those books!