Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Mini Reviews

I generally don't post reviews on books that I didn't finish or ones that I didn't like. But then I thought about it, and negative reviews are often just as helpful as good ones. I feel like I started this blog to share my love of books with other readers, and also to give my opinion on book related topics. That doesn't mean that everything I post has to be positive. I appreciate reading a negative review if its something that I'm thinking of buying or reading; it gives me a two-sided view of how people feel about the book. Now, not everyone thinks the same, so books that I loved may not have been favorites of others, and vice versa.

That being said, here are a few mini reviews on books that I either didn't finish or wasn't too fond of.

Did Not Finish


Lost and Found by KF Breene

This book wasn't for me, so I didn't finish reading it. I didn't like the writing and the characters bothered me. I got about 15% into it (according to the Kindle) and I just couldn't keep reading. Maybe others will like it, and I hope some people do! But like I said, it just wasn't a book for me.







The Last Winter of Dani Lancing by PD Viner

Unfortunately, I did not finish this book. When I first received a review copy, I was very excited and thought it had a lot of promise. However, after I started reading it, I realized it just wasn't a book for me. The story jumped around so much that I had trouble remembering what time it was taking place. I was constantly flipping back to the first page of the chapter to try to remember when it was, whether Dani was alive at this time or already dead. 

I think some people will really love this book, and I hope they do! It just wasn't a book that I enjoyed, and therefore, I didn't finish it. Maybe I'll try again in the future, but I can't say for sure



Wasn't for Me


My Best Friend by Ancelli

I was disappointed with this book. When I read the synopsis, it seemed like it would be a fun, quick read. And while it wasn't awful, it wasn't great either. I thought the writing was poor and there were a lot of grammatical and spelling mistakes. I felt like the story jumped around too much - it was a very short story, and that's sometimes nice, but it didn't work for this one. I felt like we could have learned more about Kay and Jason, their pasts, their lives before they became a couple, etc. It could have used more detail in some places. But in other places, the details were too much for my liking, such as the sex scenes, and it seemed fake. 

Like I said, it wasn't awful and I thought the story line had potential. I think with more editing it could have been a much better story.



**Have any of you ever read these books? What were your thoughts?**

No comments :

Post a Comment