Thursday, December 11, 2014

A Few of My Favorite Things!


With the Christmas season upon us, I'd like to share a few of my favorite things with you (and yes, I always sing that part and think of The Sound of Music, and in case you want to, too, listen to the song above! haha). Books are obviously one of my favorite things, but I don't think you needed to be reminded of that.



1. My kitties! (Romeo, left; Tiger, right) I always wanted a cat growing up, but my older brother was allergic so we couldn't. Then I met my husband and we decided to get two cats. Turns out, I'm allergic to them as well, but I wouldn't trade them for the world :) I still want a puppy though!


2. Yarn/Crochet. I love to crochet, so having tons of yarn in my house is a must! I have 2 plastic bins full and a couple smaller bins in my office. I usually buy it when it's on sale and buy wayyy more than I actually need.


3. Crafts. I've recently started scrapbooking and I've always been really into other crafts, like sewing and painting. I'm hoping to eventually own a house and have my own crafting room!

4. Antiques. I honestly don't own very many, but I really love antiques and vintage pieces. Whether its vintage clothing or knick-knacks, or pieces of furniture. To me, it makes a house feel more like  home.



5. Blankets. I'm always cold in my house, even in the summer. So I love curling up with blankets. I have a favorite blanket that I use in our living room and it was my older brother's comforter from when he was a kid. It's really old and worn down, but it's the comfiest thing ever! The blanket pictured above combines two of my favorite things: blankets and crochet! :)



6. My husband. Last but certainly not least! This guy is my rock and I don't know what I'd do without him! He supports me in everything, and understands my nerdy-ness and obsession with books! 

2 comments :