Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday 2.18.14


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the The Broke and the Bookish. Every week she posts an idea for a 'Top Ten' list relating to books, and encourages other book bloggers to respond and participate. All the details are listed on her site. 

This week's topic: Top ten things I love about being a reader and book blogger

I love being a blogger because.... 

1. I love meeting new people in the blogger world 

2. I can share my love for books with so many other people!

3. I have found so many new authors and books that I never would have discovered otherwise

4. Having the chance to receive ARCs is amazing! 

5. It gives me the opportunity to write 


I love being a reader because.... 

6. I always have something to do - I almost always carry a book with me, and I don't need to rely on technology to keep me entertained

7. I'm able to explore worlds and lives so different than my own

8. I feel so much more educated and I continue to learn

9. It's a relatively cheap hobby since I buy all my books used

10. I can connect with people in real life by talking about books we've read or want to read (even with people I don't really know!)

6 comments :

  1. You are right about it being a cheap hobby. Between the library, used books, and cheap ebooks I can happily read all day long on dollars a day! So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! :3 I agree with always having something to do! I have no idea what I'd do if I didn't read! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either! It's definitely a great use of my time, and since my fiance loves to play video games, it works out well for us :)

      Delete
  3. I love this topic and seeing everyone's reasons for being a reader and blogger.
    Awesome list <3

    Here's our TTT
    Doris @ OABR

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely agree with sharing your love of books and getting to meet lots of cool people/authors/worlds!
    I'm a new bloglovin follower :)

    - Kritika @ Snowflakes & Spider Silk

    ReplyDelete