Saturday, February 1, 2014

Challenge Wrap-ups!

I can't believe it's already the end of January! It's so crazy how fast time flies! Since it's the end of the month, I'm updating you all on my challenges. I've done pretty good this month, though haven't met them all. Hopefully next month goes just as well! You can go to my original post regarding this challenge by clicking on the link below the buttons. 




The purpose of this challenge is pretty self-explanatory in the title: each month, there is a new genre for you to read books from. January's genre was young adult, and thankfully, pretty easy for me! I actually read more YA than I used to, which is pretty nice. Sometimes it gives me a break from some other heavy topics adult novels tackle. Though YA tackles quite a few as well. Below is the list of books and reviews I completed for this challenge! 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



This challenge is to read as many new-to-you authors as you can! I chose the Expert Level, in which I need to read 51-75 new-to-me authors. I'm at 7 so far, so I think I'm doing ok! 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



This challenge is so fun and thankfully isn't concerned about how much you can read. This challenge gives multiple words for each month, and you find a book that has one of these words in the title! The title can also have a variation of the word in it; for example: snowing or snowflake, even though the word is "snow". I only read one book with one of these keywords, but I was more than okay with that. 

January's words: Angel, Secret, Clock, Black, Day, Wild


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Goal: Finish as many series as you can! I love this challenge because there are so many series that I start, but just never get around to finishing. This helps me stay on track to get some more books off my shelves! So far, I've only finished The Hunger Games Series. My review to Mockingjay is below. But I also started the Chemical Gardens Trilogy, which I've been wanting to read for a while! I just got the other two books in the mail this week, so I should be able to finish the series soon! 



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



I participated in this challenge last year, but didn't do so well. As a result, I chose a lower level in hopes that I can accomplish this! So far, I've read 3 of 21 books, so I'm 1/7 of the way through! Yay! :) If I stick on this path, then I'll definitely make my goal by the end of the year. But... I am planning a wedding, and then there's actually having the wedding, and the honeymoon.. so I'm not so sure yet how it will all work out! 

1. Beach Road by James Patterson
2. The Road by Cormac McCarthy
3. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Finally, the last challenge. Unfortunately... I didn't meet this one. January's motif was to read a book set in another country or written by an author from a country different than your own. Well, I started reading one by a Scottish author, set in Scotland, but I didn't finish it. I hope to go back to it sometime soon, but it wasn't holding my interest.

No comments :

Post a Comment