Saturday, March 1, 2014

February Wrap-Up!

Wow, I can't believe that it's already March! February was a pretty successful month of reading for me. I think all these challenges are really keeping me on track, especially with getting books off my TBR pile (:




The purpose of this challenge is pretty self-explanatory in the title: each month, there is a new genre for you to read books from. February's genre was contemporary, and again, very easy for me as that is mostly what I read (:  Below is the list of books and reviews I completed for this challenge! 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



This challenge is to read as many new-to-you authors as you can! I chose the Expert Level, in which I need to read 51-75 new-to-me authors. So far this year, I've read 12 books by new authors! Below are those that I read in February. 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



This challenge is so fun and thankfully isn't concerned about how much you can read. This challenge gives multiple words for each month, and you find a book that has one of these words in the title! The title can also have a variation of the word in it; for example: snowing or snowflake, even though the word is "snow". I didn't read anything this month with these words, but the creator of this challenge states that things can be read out of order, so maybe I'll come back to it!

February's words: Her, Life, Night, Red, Dark, Island


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Goal: Finish as many series as you can! I love this challenge because there are so many series that I start, but just never get around to finishing. This helps me stay on track to get some more books off my shelves! So far, I've only finished The Hunger Games Series.
During this past month, I read Anna and the French Kiss, so I'd like to finish this series sometime during this year. 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



I participated in this challenge last year, but didn't do so well. As a result, I chose a lower level in hopes that I can accomplish this! Made some more progress on this challenge, so it's been a successful start to the year! So far, 7 books out of 21 for the year! Hopefully this trend continues so I can reach my goal! 

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
Heaven's Price by Sandra Brown
Chasing Justice by Danielle Stewart (ebook, but I'm still counting it since it's been on my Kindle forever)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



I didn't meet January's motif of reading a book set in another country or written by an author from another country. However, like the keyword challenge, it doesn't matter if you read the books for the challenges out of order, as its just for fun! So I read a book this month that fits in the January motif, and also read a few books during February that fits February's motif!

January - Around the World

Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden

February - Award Winner

Hate List by Jennifer Brown
 - American Library Association Best Books for Young Adults (2010)
 - Young Adult Library Services Association Popular Paperback (2012)
 - Michigan Library Association's Thumbs Up! Award
 - Oklahoma Sequoyah Book Award (2012)

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
 - Exclusive Books Boeke Prize (2005)
 - ALA Alex Award (2004)
 - Arthur C. Clark Award Nominee (2005)
 - John W. Campbell Memorial Award Nominee for Best Science Fiction Novel (2005)
 - British Book Award (2006)

- New York Times Notable Books of the Year 

No comments :

Post a Comment