Thursday, January 22, 2015

[Review] Recovery by LB Simmons

Recovery by LB Simmons
Series: Mending Hearts, #1.5
Publisher: LB Simmons
Publishing Date: June 13, 2013
Format: ebook
Links: Goodreads | Amazon | B&N

Synopsis 

I have the perfect life. 

I’ve finally found my happy ending. 

I fought through the loss of one husband, lucky enough to be given a second chance at a lifetime of happiness. Settling into our new lives, however, may not be as easy as it seems. 

What really happens after the fairytale ending? What happens after the prince rescues the princess? After he sweeps her off her feet and carries her off into the sunset? Do they truly live happily ever after?

Well…

This is our story. 

My Review

What a great novella to follow up Running on Empty (click to read my review)! I love that this novella continues to follow Blake and Alex after they've found their happily ever after. This is probably one of the first books/novellas I've read that follows a couple after they fall in love and find their fairytale ending, as the synopsis says. So many times we read a book and the couple falls in love and that's about it; they live happily ever after without any problems or concerns, live is great. But that's not how real life is. Even when you find your true love or soul mate, however you want to look at it, life, love, marriage, it's all something you have to fight for. It's not easy; everything isn't perfect. Couples have their ups and downs. I've definitely realized this with my husband. We've only been married a few short months, but its not all roses and rainbows. We have to be conscious about making our relationship work and not letting little things bother us or get in the way of our relationship. I'm not saying that it's SO difficult by any means, otherwise it wouldn't be worth it, but it's not SO easy either. I think a lot of people know that, but don't want to hear about it in books; they want a happily ever after (don't get me wrong, I love those too!). But that's what I love about this story. Alex and Blake have to make conscious efforts to keep their relationship and spark alive. I love that these two show what a real-life relationship can be like. Yes, there are hard times, but there are also so many good times that outweigh the tough. If you really want your relationship to work, you both have to put in 100%, not just 50/50 each. Ok, enough about me preaching. :) 

Like I said with her first book, I feel like I could gush about this book until you are all sick of me! Simmons' writing is wonderful and her stories are so real. I think I could read her work forever! I can't wait to dive right into the next book with Tatum! I really do recommend these books if you like the romance genre. They're just wonderful! (: 

Others in this Series 


No comments :

Post a Comment