Saturday, January 24, 2015

[Review] Running In Place by LB Simmons

Running In Place by LB Simmons
Series: Mending Hearts, #2
Publishing Date: Nov. 18, 2013
Format: ebook
294 Pages
Links: Goodreads | Amazon | B&N

Synopsis 

**NA Contemporary Romance, can be read as a STAND ALONE. Due to theme of Child Abuse, Explicit Language, Mild Violence, and Sexual Situations - Recommend Readers 18+ **

Tatum O’Connell: 

Some call me a party girl. People see me as happy, full of life, with absolutely no cares in the world. They see what I want them to see. But no one knows me - really knows me. Not even Noah Reese. Mr. Perfect is always watching me, most likely judging every single imperfect thing I do. But, if Noah wants to keep an eye on me, that’s just fine. I definitely don’t mind. I just hope he doesn’t have any plans to save me from my new-found life of self-destruction because in order to save me, he will have to see me… And I’m never going to let that happen. 

Noah Reese: 

Perfect. That’s me. That’s the only acceptable way to be, according to my father. Perfect grades. Perfect manners. Perfect athlete. Perfect SAT scores. Perfect college. And recently, I was accepted into the perfect med school. My future has already been mapped out for me and there’s nothing that can change that. Not even Tatum O’Connell. That girl is out of control, yet for some reason, I can’t seem to keep my distance from her. I watch her closely, hoping that one day she’ll let me in, but watching her lead her life down the dangerous path she’s on right now isn’t easy… I have a feeling I’m about to find myself swept away by the hurricane that is Tatum O’Connell.

My Review 

Oh. My. God. The feels! So many thoughts going through my head right now. I don't even know how to describe this book! But once again, Simmons has created a gut-wrenching story that I. Couldn't. Put. Down. This book was so real. It wasn't just another love story, but a tale of two people who are so broken until they find each other. What I love about this is that while both Tatum and Noah learn to grow and love while they're together, they learn to love themselves while they're apart, too. It shows that you need to find yourself and love yourself before you can truly love another person. 

The writing in this book is really great. Simmons knows just want to write to make these characters jump off the pages and into your heart. I admire her ability to do this and can't wait to read more from her! This book makes me hurt so much for those who suffer in a unloving home, whether it be ah child, teenager, or adult. It makes me so thankful for the childhood I had and the amazing family I have. 

Others in this Series

Review                                 Review

No comments :

Post a Comment