Saturday, January 3, 2015

[Review] Touch & Go by Lisa Gardner

Touch & Go by Lisa Gardner
Series: Tessa Leoni, #2
Publisher: Signet
Publishing Date: Feb. 5, 2013
Format: paperback, purchased
442 Pages
Links: Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes and Noble

Synopsis 

This is my family: Vanished without a trace…

Justin and Libby Denbe have the kind of life that looks good in the pages of a glossy magazine. A beautiful fifteen-year old daughter, Ashlyn. A gorgeous brownstone on a tree-lined street in Boston’s elite Back Bay neighborhood. A great marriage, admired by friends and family. A perfect life.

This is what I know: Pain has a flavor…

When investigator Tessa Leoni arrives at the crime scene in the Denbes’ home, she finds scuff marks on the floor and Taser confetti in the foyer. The family appears to have been abducted, with only a pile of their most personal possessions remaining behind. No witnesses, no ransom demands, no motive. Just an entire family, vanished without a trace.

This is what I fear: The worst is yet to come…

Tessa knows better than anyone that even the most perfect façades can hide the darkest secrets. Now she must race against the clock to uncover the Denbes’ innermost dealings, a complex tangle of friendships and betrayal, big business and small sacrifices. Who would want to kidnap such a perfect little family? And how far would such a person be willing to go?

This is the truth: Love, safety, family…it is all touch and go.

My Review

This is the second book in the Tessa Leoni series and I really enjoyed it. It did take me a little bit to get into, but I think that had more to do with starting it around Christmas and getting a bunch of new books that I really want to read. This book had a lot going on right away; the Denbe family goes missing and we start learning about all these secrets each family member harbors. I really like Tessa as a character in this series. If you read the previous book in this series, Love You More, you'll know why she's such an interesting character. I don't want to say too much about it, but Tessa claims to have shot her husband in self-defense (this is on the synopsis of the book, so I'm not ruining anything). We really see her grow throughout these two books, both as a law enforcement personnel and as a mother. She works on this case with a sheriff's officer, Wyatt, and you can feel their chemistry from the beginning! 

What I really liked about this book is it was so detailed. The business of Denbe Construction was described really well and we found out all the key players in the business. There were so many times I thought I knew who kidnapped the family, but then something else happened and I couldn't be sure any more! Once the holidays were over, I began reading this again and couldn't put it down. I ended up staying up well past my normal bedtime to finish and couldn't wait to tell my husband about it the next day. I recently received an ARC of Crash & Burn, the third in the Tessa Leoni series, and I can't wait to dive in! I want to know if anything happens between Tessa and Wyatt! I always love a little romance between characters, even if it isn't the main part of the story. 


Others in the Series


No comments :

Post a Comment