Friday, May 2, 2014

Feature and Follow Friday! 5.2.14


Feature and Follow is a blog hop hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. The purpose is to meet new people and gain more followers in the book blogging community. If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers. But you have to know, the point of this hop is to follow other blogs also. I follow you, you follow me. 

The general rules are: 
- Follow the Feature and Follow Hosts (Parajunkee and Alison Can Read)
- Follow the Featured Bloggers
- Put your Blog name and URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts. 
-Grab the button up there and place it in a post. This post is for people to say hi and that they are now following you in your comments. 
-Follow, Follow, Follow as many as you can. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Don't just follow, comment and say hi in the post! Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say 'hi'
-If someone comments and says they are following you, please follow back! 

This weeks question: Share! Tell us about one of your hobbies other than reading! 

Ohhh! I have a new found love for golf! Never, ever though I would say that, but it's true! My fiance has been in a couple of golf leagues since we started dating, and took me out once, but I didn't enjoy it much. Then I went with my dad and brother, and then my whole family in Arizona, but I never got the hang of it, nor did I particularly enjoy it. But I decided to give it another shot with my fiance, and now that I've done it a few times, I LOVE it! We even joined a couples league which starts tonight! Hopefully the rain holds off so we can actually play :) But I suppose if it doesn't, we're going golfing with my dad and brother on Sunday, so that should make up for it (: 



I also like to run - wait, that's not entirely true. I enjoy running sometimes; other times I do it just because I feel like I need to to stay in shape! But let me tell you, when I have a good run, it feels amazing and is absolutely the best anti-depressant there is! 

(If only I looked this graceful when I ran!) 

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention this! I really love to crochet! It's so much fun and so relaxing to create something like this! I've made a bunch of baby hats that I will be donating to a local hospital, and my mom and I have a blog and Etsy page that we started. However, I haven't updated it in a few months because I haven't been crocheting lately. But hopefully I will soon (: If you'd like to check it out, the site is here. Below are hats and diaper covers I made for my friend for a gender reveal party. 

      

25 comments :

  1. Wow it's amazing you play golf! My uncle loves golf, but I've never tried playing it nor have I been out to see my family members play. It's a pretty interesting sport! I prefer walking rather than running, though :) I find it more relaxing, but running is my favorite way of losing weight somehow haha! :)
    New GFC follower. :) hope you stop by and visit!

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! Trust me, I'm just as surprised as everyone else is when I say I like golf (:

      Delete
  2. I played golf once and I really liked it, I would like to go again someday if it didn't cost so much.

    New bloglovin follower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wish it didn't cost so much either. Its crazy expensive! Thankfully the league we're in is pretty cheap for golf standards, so that helps a bit (: Thanks for stopping by and following!

      Delete
  3. You don't hear many women say they like golf, so you go! That's pretty cool. Thanks so much for stopping by my F&F. Following back via Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a male dominated sport, and I can always tell when I go shopping for stuff - its SO hard to find anything cute! lol finally found a cheaper pink putter and pink gloves. Next thing will be a pretty bag, but those are expensive and not a lot of options

      Delete
  4. I feel the same way as you about running. Ha. Although I just started, so I have this love/hate thing going on with it. Haha.

    Awesome hobbies.

    Old bloglovin follower

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I've been doing it for a bit and I still have the love/hate relationship with it. Plus I'm not very fast and don't run very long distances. Thanks for stopping by (:

      Delete
  5. I've never really golfed or crocheted but I run occasionally. I would love to get more serious about running but sadly my self-motivation skills aren't that great :/

    Old Follower
    My FF .
    Zareena @ Books and Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you feel! Sometimes we take a week off from working out just to give our bodies a rest or if my fiance needs a break from lifting, but its so hard to start back up then!

      Delete
  6. I had a friend tell me running is a good stress reliever. I'm thinking I really need to start doing that to relieve stress and get my self in shape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a very good stress reliever! Sometimes when I'm not in a great mood, its hard to get motivated to run, but after, its so worth it! I just feel so much better (:

      Delete
  7. OOh nice! Not a golfer myself either. My aunt loves it! I like putt-putt though! Heehee!

    Not a lover of running but I like walking for sure!

    And awesome crocheting items! I don't think I would really have the patience for that myself. Was never really good with a thread and needle either!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! putt-putt is fun too! And thats all I would do until just recently (:

      Delete
  8. Golf is fun, but it took me a while to learn. Thank you for stopping by. :)
    New GFC follower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im still not that great, but I'm hoping that I'll improve a lot over the summer!

      Delete
  9. Never tried golf it always looked so boring, but I guess you must have to give it a few times..lol. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol that's exactly what I used to think too! Then I just gave it a try (mostly for my fiance) and ended up loving it!

      Delete
  10. oh wow that's amazing. I tried to run last year but I just couldn't keep up =/
    Thanks for stopping by =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by (: Running still takes me a while, and I'm not that good, but its a good thing to do

      Delete
  11. Yay for running! And golf sounds like a lot of fun, but I would go insane if I tried it out on a real golf course :)
    Thanks for stopping by!

    New follower via Bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for following! (: Its not so bad if you go with someone who can teach you and has patience lol I dont know what I'd do if my fiance didn't have the patience to show me what to do every time

      Delete
  12. First thanks for stopping by and following me! I'm following you back via GFC!!

    Next, golf has always interested me, My dad was a golfer and loved to just go into an open field and hit balls for hours. My golfing happens on Wii!! LOL!! Your crocheting is too cute!! LOVE it!! I'm not a runner,,,at all!!

    Heather @ Ya Fantasy Book Junkie  

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thanks for following back! I dont think I've ever done Wii golf, but I kind of want to try it now. I think I have it at home... (:

      Delete