Friday, May 30, 2014

Feature and Follow Friday! 5.30.14


Feature and Follow is a blog hop hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. The purpose is to meet new people and gain more followers in the book blogging community. If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers. But you have to know, the point of this hop is to follow other blogs also. I follow you, you follow me. 

The general rules are: 
- Follow the Feature and Follow Hosts (Parajunkee and Alison Can Read)
- Follow the Featured Bloggers
- Put your Blog name and URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts. 
-Grab the button up there and place it in a post. This post is for people to say hi and that they are now following you in your comments. 
-Follow, Follow, Follow as many as you can. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Don't just follow, comment and say hi in the post! Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say 'hi'
-If someone comments and says they are following you, please follow back! 

This weeks question: How important is good writing to you? In an ideal world, a book would be beautifully written AND have great character development, plot, etc. But in the real world, which do you prefer: (1) Great characters and plot with lousy writing or (2) Middling character development and plot but gorgeous writing.

I would have to say that good writing is pretty important to me. If a story is badly written, it takes away from the characters and plot. That being said, just because something is written really well, doesn't mean the story is that great. So I would have to say that I'll take decent writing and a good story over really great writing and a poor or underdeveloped story/characters. 


8 comments :

  1. Nice! I chose characters, plot, etc over great writing. I mean, I've read some pretty awesome self-pub or indie books and they were awesome! Maybe the writing was a little shaky, but nothing that had me throwing the book down.

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's kind of how I am. Writing doesn't usually bother me too much - or I can at least look past it - but as long as the story is good, I'll keep reading!

      Delete
  2. Sometimes lousy writing can be compensated by a great story and characters one can connect. I'm also not bothered much by typo or grammatical errors so long as the story is really engaging (save for authors in my country who try hard to write in english).

    New twitter, fb, GFC & bloglovin follower. Follow me back via my ff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and following! Yes, If a story is engaging, then I generally overlook poor writing. :)

      Delete
  3. I don't find myself paying much attention to writing when I read and I'm not sure why. I prefer having great characters. I'm a new GFC follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and following! I try not to pay much attention to writing when the story is good. But if the writing is great and the story isn't, its hard to get hooked.

      Delete
  4. Good answer to a hard question. I'm an existing follower.
    Diane @ Diane's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by (: Yes, this was a hard question!

      Delete