Friday, May 23, 2014

Feature and Follow Friday! 5.23.14



Feature and Follow is a blog hop hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. The purpose is to meet new people and gain more followers in the book blogging community. If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers. But you have to know, the point of this hop is to follow other blogs also. I follow you, you follow me. 

The general rules are: 
- Follow the Feature and Follow Hosts (Parajunkee and Alison Can Read)
- Follow the Featured Bloggers
- Put your Blog name and URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts. 
-Grab the button up there and place it in a post. This post is for people to say hi and that they are now following you in your comments. 
-Follow, Follow, Follow as many as you can. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Don't just follow, comment and say hi in the post! Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say 'hi'
-If someone comments and says they are following you, please follow back! 

This weeks question: Have you ever convinced someone to read a book, a series, or a whole genre? What book(s) and who was it? Did they like it?

I've definitely convinced many people to read certain books. But the person I convince the most would be my mom! I've given her the Divergent and Hunger Game series. I've convinced her to download Me Before You by Jojo Moyes (though I don't think she's read it yet). I also gave her The Night Circus, Heaven is for Real, Room by Emma Donoghue, and so many more...I could go on and on! She definitely likes everything I give her and like me, she's expanded her reading a lot! (:

    

22 comments :

  1. It's so cool that your mom reads books like that, maybe because I can't really imagine my mom doing the same, haha! I loved Divergent and The Hunger Games series, and a friend recently recommended Me Before You, too, but I haven't quite gotten around to it yet. Happy Friday!

    New follower via GFC
    Dyane @ Fathomless Reveries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like Me Before You! Its one of my all-time favorites now :) And its pretty awesome my mom reads a lot of the same books I do because we share all the time! Thanks for stopping by and following!

      Delete
  2. I don't think that my mom would need any convincing to read those books. We have the same taste when it comes to the kind of books that we read. It makes it so much easier to buy books Haha. Anyway, New follower here!

    Geeky Chiquitas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I agree! Its so nice when I buy books and give them to her, and vice versa (though I buy A LOT more than she does lol) I didn't have to convince her much, I suppose. I basically just said she needed to read them and then she did! (:

      Thanks for stopping by and following!

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh, I would love to convince my mom to read books so she can get off my back for buying 'too many' books. As if there is such a thing a 'too many' books!

    Feature & Follow
    Signed paperback of Played by Liz Fichera(INT)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No such thing! My mom laughs at the amount of books I have, but she hasn't been to my apartment in while, so she may not know how bad its gotten lol

      Delete
  4. Old Follower!
    I'm only just reading Divergent *hangs head in shame* but I will definitely pass them onto my mum when I've finished :-)
    Kirsty @ All in One Place
    http://kvlovesbooks.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/feature-and-follow-friday_23.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No shame! Especially since you're actually reading them :) Better late than never! Hope you enjoy them!

      Delete
  5. My mom doesn't care for the books I read so I don't bother her anymore with them! My friend that I have converted to the "dark side" will read just about anything I can give her and I got years of backlists to use!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I'm glad my mom and I read similar books. I'm sure there are some she has no interest in, but I've kind of figured out what she would and wouldn't like, so I try to recommend based on that. But she isn't a picky reader, so she'd probably read anything I give her!

      Delete
  6. Unfortunately, my mother doesn't like to read fiction, but I love your recommendations! Night Circus is one of my favorite books.

    Alisa @ The Reading Obsession

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to see others love the Night Circus as much as I do (: Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. My 13 year old daughter and I pass books back and forth all the time! Its fun to have that in common!
    New follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! It gives us something else to talk about, not that we ever run out of anything :)

      Delete
  8. That's cool, I like sharing books with my mom.
    I'm an existing follower on Bloglovin'
    Diane @ Diane's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so great you can talk to your mom about books.
    I friend-requested you on GoodReads :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll go on there and accept (: I've been away from the computer and blog most of the weekend so I'm finally getting caught up! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. Because I'm still largely reading books I have been told by my parents are amazing I tend to be constantly catching up with them. But I am convincing my sister and friends to slowly start reading the books I'm reading! Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have a great weekend!
    My Friday Memes
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I read a lot more than my mom, but I love it when she finally reads something I haven't and can recommend it to me!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  11. I give you a hearty congrats that you managed to convince your mom to read The Hunger Games! My mom won't go anywhere near it!

    New Blog lovin follower! From Rachel's Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Thankfully she's pretty easy going with that stuff! She really liked it too! And we've seen the movies together as well!

      Thanks for stopping by and following!

      Delete