Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Tell Me Something Tuesday! 5.27.14


Tell Me Something Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Heidi @ Rainy Day Ramblings. Each week a new question is presented. Check out Heidi's blog for all the details :)

This week's question: Books to movies... do you prefer to read the book first or see the movie?

I definitely prefer to read the book first and then see the movie. Books are almost always better than the movies (to me, at least), so I like reading it first. Plus movies tend to leave parts out in the book, and I like getting the whole story first. There are so many books-to-movies coming out this year that I really want to see, but I definitely want to read the book first. I find that I'm less disappointed in the movie if I've read the book a bit before seeing it, that way I don't remember every exact detail from the book that was left out of the movie. 

There have been times, though, where I've seen the movie and then read the book. It doesn't happen often but I watched The Hobbit with my fiance, then bought the book and read it (though I had the LOTR books already, still unread). I've also seen Ender's Game but haven't read the book. I picked it up at a garage sale recently for $.50 so I'll read it eventually but now that I know what happens, I'm not in too much of a hurry. 

2 comments :

  1. I definitely recommend reading The Hobbit and LOTR. I just watched the Hobbit and there were definitely some big changes, I need to go back and reread, and yes I agree the book is almost always better than the movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by (: I really hope to read the LOTR soon, but I just keep putting them off... not sure why....probably because I have SO many books on my TBR shelf - its a little out of hand (:

      Delete