Friday, December 13, 2013

Feature and Follow Friday! 12/13


Feature and Follow is a blog hop hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. The purpose is to meet new people and gain more followers in the book blogging community. If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers. But you have to know, the point of this hop is to follow other blogs also. I follow you, you follow me. 

The general rules are: 
- Follow the Feature and Follow Hosts (Parajunkee and Alison Can Read)
- Follow the Featured Bloggers
- Put your Blog name and URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts. 
-Grab the button up there and place it in a post. This post is for people to say hi and that they are now following you in your comments. 
-Follow, Follow, Follow as many as you can. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Don't just follow, comment and say hi in the post! Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say 'hi'
-If someone comments and says they are following you, please follow back! 

This weeks question:

Bookselling Time: Go to your biggest bookcase. Go to the second shelf from the top and pick out the sixth book from the left. Handsell that book to us - even if you haven't read it or if you hated it. (If you don't have bookcases, don't have six books on one shelf, etc, pick a book at random)

Unfortunately, I'm not at home right now and forgot to do this last night, so I'm going to pick a book at random. I'm trying to remember my shelves and what might be on the second row.... so this is what I'm picking: 


This book is amazing! For anyone who hasn't read it, or hasn't even heard of it, check it out and go get a copy! I first got this book after a mix-up last Christmas when I was buying it for my brother-in-law's girlfriend. I ended up with two copies, so I gave one to her, and kept one for myself. I really wasn't sure if this was something that I would like, so I put off reading it for a while. When I finally picked it up, I couldn't put it down! The world created inside this book is so incredibly magical and alluring. Erin Morgenstern's writing is simply amazing; I don't know how else to describe it. The way she writes makes everything feel so real! I'm so glad I kept the second copy rather than returning it or giving it away to another person. It has become one of my favorite books ever, and I cannot wait to read more of Miss Morgenstern's future work! I think I'm going to reread this over winter as well (: 


14 comments :

  1. I haven't read this yet, but it is on my 'might-read-one-day' shelf :) You really sold it to me though, once my kindle books have been read, I will add this one on there as well :)

    Have a fantastic Friday :) I've sent you a friend-request on Goodreads :)

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad that I sold you on this one! (: I look forward to seeing a review in the future!

      Delete
  2. I had never heard of this but, but your bookselling got me curious. and the cover is amazing. I must check it out!
    New Bloglovin and GFC follower.
    Here's my FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is one of the first things that caught my eye too! There's another version that I love too!

      Thanks for the follow!

      Delete
  3. That cover is gorgeous. I am not so sure if I am going to pick it up since I still have a lot of books to read. Thanks for sharing. :D

    Charlotte @ Thoughts and Pens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the cover is AMAZING! The other version of the cover is gorgeous too! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I still have this on my TBR shelf! The cover is beautiful, I am so excited to start reading it :0)
    Thank you very much for sharing.

    New follower via Bloglovin

    Moonlight @ Once Upon a Moonlight Review...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and following! I can't wait for you to read it and read your review in the future! (:

      Delete
  5. Your enthusiasm totally makes me wanna get on board! Will have to check it out :) Following via GFC, Twitter and Facebook haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks!!!! I wasn't expecting to love it so much but I really did!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Glad to hear other bloggers love it too!! (:

      Delete
  7. Sounds awesome! :)
    New GFC follower!
    My FF: http://smartysmartie.blogspot.ie/2013/12/feature-and-follow-friday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I encourage you to check it out (:

      Delete