Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday 12/10


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the The Broke and the Bookish. Every week she posts an idea for a 'Top Ten' list relating to books, and encourages other book bloggers to respond and participate. All the details are listed on her site. 

This week's topic: Top ten books on my winter TBR list!

 

I actually started reading this already, but its such a long book that its going to take me a while. 


I recently finished The Christmas Shoes, and this is the second book in the series. Plus its all about Christmas, so I'm hoping to get it done before the holidays!


This one is also on my list to read before the holidays, so I should have a review posted within the next two weeks (:


I received a review copy of this book a while ago and haven't even started it yet! I feel so awful for being so far behind on my ARCs that I'm really hoping to get a lot done this winter. 


This is another review copy I got from the same publishers of The Panopticon. I've had it for a while, and picked it up a few times to start, but then started another book instead. Hopefully I finish it soon!


Another one of my goals this winter is to finish some series that I've started. Its been a long time since I read the first two books, but I really want to read this last one. I had started it before and just couldn't get into it, so hopefully I can this time. 


This is another series that I haven't finished, even though I've had the book forever. A friend of mine is currently borrowing the series, but I should just get it back from him because he's had it quite a while and hasn't started it yet! Not sure if I'll enjoy this last one because I got sick of the story after the second, but I'd at least like to try it (: 



I absolutely LOVED Divergent, so I don't know why it's taken me so long to read this! It's been on my shelf for almost a year....not acceptable! 


I haven't picked up this book yet, but maybe I'll get it for Christmas... either way, I need to get a copy soon and read it right after I finish Insurgent! 



I thought about reading this a couple of weeks ago, but then started crocheting a lot more to finish Christmas gifts and my reading time went down a bit. However, I'm thinking after the holidays will be a good time to start this again. (: 



I could probably make a huge list of all the books I'd like to read this winter, but it would be way too long (: 

23 comments :

  1. Ohhhh, Insurgent and Alligant!! I'm so jealous, I want those books so stinking bad. Hope you are able to get to all of your books this winter and that you enjoy them all. :)

    Here's what's on my TBR: http://thatgirlreads.blogspot.com/2013/12/top-10-tuesday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I still need to buy Allegiant, but I'm looking forward to finishing the series!

      Delete
  2. Skipping Christmas is my favorite Christmas Book ever. I hope you stay comfy and cozy through the winter while you work through your list. Kelley at the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm looking forward to reading it and this is obviously the best time! (:

      Delete
  3. The Story of Edgar Sawtelle is not one I thought I'd be seeing today! I feel like you're going to need a lot of tissues to get through the winter between that one, Mockingjay, and Allegiant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen many people talk about Edgar Sawtelle, but glad to see you read it! I'm only about 60 pages into it so far. I'll make sure to stock up on tissues soon in preparation (:

      Delete
  4. You have some great books. Insurgent and Allegiant are great! Clash of Kings is also really good. I have two A Song of Ice and Fire books on my list.

    I was actually given Edgar Sawtelle as a gift last Christmas and haven't yet read it. I can't wait to read your review.

    Cassi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its going to take me a bit to get through Edgar Sawtelle, but I'll be posting my review shortly after I finish!

      Delete
  5. You've got some interesting picks here, Tina! That John Grisham book looks so... un-John Grisham like, if you get my meaning :D

    A GUY is reading Fifty Shades of Grey?! I'd love to know what he thinks of it! I've been curious about the G R R Martin books for sometime now, but they seem so formidably long!

    Good luck on finishing your list! :)

    MY TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The GOT books are very, very long, but definitely worth it! I think once you get past the length, its so easy to get sucked into the story!

      Yes, I was shocked when Kody said he wanted to read the series! I think he just wants to know what all the hype is about, and he's usually a pretty avid read, but nothing like this as far as I know! I'll try to remember to post a follow-up with his thoughts (if he ever gets to them)

      Delete
  6. Awesome list! I loved Divergent, Insurgent even more so. GRRM is among my fave authors, he's a genius! And Mockingjay is great, too. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I´ve on hold Insurgent and Allegiant, because I was waiting for the release of Allegiant to read them back to back but after hearing mix reviews about Allegiant...I´m a little scared. Nice list.
    Here is My Top 10 Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Christmas reads. I hope you enjoy all of these books! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to see you are planning to finish up some series. Great idea! Thanks for stopping by my TTT :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's always a great idea to finish series! I need to finish some as well. Thank you for stopping by my post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A Constellation of Vital Phenomena and The Panopticon are two books I see popping up on some "Best of 2013" lists, so hopefully they live up to that. I just finished the Divergent trilogy myself and enjoyed it- you'll want Allegiant available once you finish Insurgent :).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mockingjay was fantastic. I actually want to reread that one soon, I miss that series <3 Those Christmas titles look great, I'm going to check the out on goodreads! I love holiday reads! I hope you get your whole list read this winter :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love to see the holiday books on your list. Tis the season!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've got a nice mix there! I hope you get through them all

    Katie @ Katies Books

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice list! I can't say I'm interested in 50 Shades though. I read it back when it was still fanfiction and I wasn't impressed. /: I need to read the 5th book of Game of Thrones. Actually, I should just reread them. I listened to the audiobooks and don't remember a lot. I'm not good with audiobooks for first reads!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I somehow ended up liking the first two books of Fifty Shades and I can't wait to read Fifty Shades Freed. I'm dying to know how everything turns out. Also, with the way in which that it ends, I'm so looking forward to the Divergent series! I hope you love all these books!

    Thanks for sharing and thanks for stopping by my post earlier.

    Have a great week ahead and happy reading!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great list! I want to try and read The Christmas Shoes too. Is it good? And I hope you enjoy reading Mockingjay and the rest of the Divergent series. :) I've actually put off reading Allegiant. I don't know when I'll be ready to read that ending. Hehe :) Thanks for dropping by my TTT .

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes, you definitely need to read Mockingjay!

    ReplyDelete