Tuesday, December 31, 2013

[Review] Allegiant by Veronica Roth

Allegiant by Veronica Roth 
Publisher: Harper Collins
Publishing Date: Oct 22, 2013
545 Pages
Format: gift, hardcover

Synopsis 

The faction-based society that Tris Prior once believed in is shattered - fractured by violence and power struggles and scarred by loss and betrayal. So when offered a chance to explore the world past the limits she's known, Tris is read. Perhaps beyond the fence, she and Tobias will find a simple new life together, free from complicated lies, tangled loyalties, and painful memories.

But Tris's new reality is even more alarming than the one she left behind. Old discoveries are quickly rendered meaningless. Explosive new truths change the hearts of those she loves. And once again, Tris must battle to comprehend the complexities of human nature - and of herself - while facing impossible choices about courage, allegiance, sacrifice, and love.

My Review

Hmm... I'm very conflicted about this book. I was so excited to read it, but then after Insurgent, I wasn't sure what to expect. There were definitely some things I loved about the book, and the first that comes to mind is writing from both Tris and Tobias' point of view! I thought this added so much to the story! It was good when we just saw Tris' perspective, but I think for the final book, having both of them tell it was so much better.

I also thought the book was pretty fast-paced and an easy read. There was never a time that I wanted to put it down and not pick it back up. I always wanted to find out what happened to the city, the compound, the characters, etc. That being said, I still didn't love it. I shut the book feeling a little disappointed without being able to put a finger on exactly what I didn't like. Maybe it's just that it didn't suck me in like Divergent did. Maybe the story just got tiresome. I'm not sure. Whatever it was, I'm still glad to have read it and finally figure out what happens.

2 comments :

  1. I really enjoyed Allegiant, but I know lots of people weren't crazy about it. Glad you enjoyed it, even if it did leave you feeling a bit conflicted!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Yes, I enjoyed it, but it wasn't my favorite. I'm glad you really liked it thought! (:

      Delete