Wednesday, December 4, 2013

[Review] The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery

The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Publisher: Harcourt, Inc
Publishing Date: 1942
83 Pages
Format: paperback, borrowed

Synopsis 

A pilot stranded in the desert awakes one morning to see, standing before him, the most extraordinary little fellow. "Please," asks the stranger, "draw me a sheep." And the pilot realizes that when life's events are too difficult to understand, there is no choice but to succumb to their mysteries. He pulls out pencil and paper... And this begins this wise and enchanting fable that, in teaching the secret of what is really important in life, has changed forever the world for its readers.

Few stories are as widely read and as universally cherished by children and adults alike as The Little Prince, presented here in a stunning new translation with carefully restored artwork. The definitive edition of a worldwide classic, it will capture the hearts of readers of all ages.

My Review 

There is something about this book that was truly wonderful. It's a very short book, but I still couldn't put it down. At first, I wasn't sure what to expect; I had wanted to read this book for a while, yet didn't really know what it was about. My brother-in-law lent it to me a few days ago, so I figured this was the perfect time to start it. I think this is a perfect children's book because its filled with descriptions that really pull at your imagination. At the same time, its wonderful for adults because it makes you look at life in a different way. This is a book that everyone should read at least once. I'm sure I'll read it a few more times and take away many new things from the story.


No comments :

Post a Comment