Sunday, December 29, 2013

2013 Challenge Wrap-Ups!

When I started this blog at the beginning of last year, I thought it would be really fun to participate in reading challenges, and thankfully, I wasn't disappointed! They help me stay motivated to read as much as possible and to keep getting to those ARC books and ones that have been on my TBR shelf for a while. Below are the challenges I participated in this year with a little written about how I did with each one (:

Click on the links and it will take you to the page for each challenge!



hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer

This challenge was only during the month of March, and while I didn't meet my goal, it was   still a lot of fun and I got quite a few books off my TBR shelf that had been there for a while! 


hosted by Bookish Ardour

Well, my goal was to read 30 books that had been on my TBR pile for far too long.... and I failed... I only read 15. But I feel like I can do much better next year, so I'm going to participate in another challenge similar to this! I'm hoping to be much more disciplined this coming year. I've acquired SO many new (to me) books the last couple of months and I don't want them on my shelves forever. 


hosted by b00k r3vi3ws

I thought this was a really fun challenge! It encourages readers to try new authors. I wasn't sure how many I would really get done, so I set my goal for 20-25 new (to me) authors. I'm happy to say that I surpassed that goal! I read 40 books by authors that I haven't read before. It helped that I received so many ARCs and Netgalley books (: 

hosted by Jessica @ Thoughts at One in the Morning

In high school, I felt that I didn't actually have to read that many classic books. Sure, we read a few, but not like many other high school students seem to. At first, that made me a little upset because I would have liked to read them, but thinking about it, I'm now glad that I wasn't forced to. I don't think I would have enjoyed the books as much at that time in my life. Now I'm able to choose which classics to read and when. I started out with a really small goal, and that was simple to read 2 classic books throughout the year. Very happy that I accomplished this! Now I can increase my goal for next year!


This challenge doesn't have a beginning or ending, which is different from the other's that I've participated in. I just really loved the show when I was in high school, and still love watching the reruns! Rory was such an avid reader in the show so I thought it would be fun to read some of the same books she did. I don't have a goal to read a certain number of them, but many of them are on my TBR list anyways, so why not participate in the challenge! The only thing I forgot to do this year with this challenge is mark the date when I read this book. I think I will do that with any books on this list that I read in the future. 



4 comments :

  1. Well done on all your challenges. I love taking part of them too as I love the community aspect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I love seeing how other people challenge themselves and seeing what kind of books they pick to read

      Delete
  2. Great Wrapup. Happy New Year.

    Do you make New Year's Resolutions? Stop by to see what some authors do about New Year's Resolutions.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    Author Resolutions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll definitely check out Author Resolutions. I love making them for myself, and stick to them about 50% of the time lol but I'm going to make some this year that I should be able to stick with!!

      Delete