Saturday, December 28, 2013

[Review] Insurgent by Veronica Roth

Insurgent by Veronica Roth 
Publisher: Harper Collins
Publishing Date: May 1, 2012
525 Pages
Format: gift, hardcover

Synopsis

I have done bad things. I can't take them back, and they are part of who I am.

Tris has survived a brutal attack on her former home and family. But she has paid a terrible price. Wracked with grief and guilt, she becomes ever more reckless as she struggles to accept her new future.

Yet if Tris wants to uncover the truth about her world, she must be stronger than ever... because more shocking choices and sacrifices lie ahead.

My Review

I read Divergent over a year ago, when it first came out and before it was incredibly popular. I absolutely loved it, so my fiance (at the time, boyfriend) bought it for me for Christmas. That was last year. It took me so long to finally read this book, but I'm not sure why. I think part of me just wanted to wait because I didn't remember everything that happened in the first, so I thought I would reread Divergent before starting this. But that didn't happen so I decided just to jump into it. Well, that wasn't the best idea because I had kind of forgotten the details of the end of the book, so I struggled with the beginning of this one since it pretty much picks up where Divergent ended. But that's ok and it slowly started coming back to me. This is a very fast-paced book with so much going on at once! I have to say that it wasn't as good as the first, but I still loved it! Tris and Four are very fun characters. They are strong, courageous, and incredibly independent, yet really care for others in their city. The end of this book is not what I really expected! I was surprised by actions of certain characters (and mad at first), but it definitely made sense. I can't wait to start the third and final book of this series! I just want to know what happens!!

2 comments :

  1. I agree with you that Insurgent wasn't as good as Divergent.
    Anyways, I'm looking forward to hear your thoughts about Allegiant.
    Just an advice, prepare some tissue paper. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good to know! I can definitely be an emotional reader, so I'll keep some by me (:

      Delete